TIP: Use Markdown or, <pre> for multi line code blocks / <code> for inline code.
These forums are read-only and for archival purposes only!
Please join our new forums at discourse.kohanaframework.org
Open Classifieds 2.0. Beta almost ready
  • Hello,

Long a go we announced that Open Classifieds would be using KO as framework for the development http://forum.kohanaframework.org/discussion/10442/open-classifieds-2-0-using-kohana

We are almost ready for a beta launch! We've been working pretty hard, and we have developed some interesting modules included in our software, also a nice installation system ;)

If someone wants to take a look: https://github.com/open-classifieds/openclassifieds2/

Nice stuff we've done with KO:

• Themes behave like modules so you can load views from the theme and the theme has an ini.php to load widgets or custom code.
    • Widgets wordpress style stored as json in the DB config.
    • Auth with quicklogin roles and simple ACL based on controllers.
    • Gettext ready using dropins in case of failback, so translations will work for anyone
    • Pretty simple CMS to create pages, emails or any other content.
    • CRUD using formorm, create a model a controller and you get a great crud using Twitter bootstrap styles.
    • Super simple clean install coded in PHP not using any kohana classes, since it's used to check if we can actually install.
    • Sitemap generator
    • Dynamic routes using i18n translated
    • Improved profiler view to show included files, variables etc.
    • Admin panel using twitter bootstrap
    • Stats library using google charts

Still loads of things to finish and a really important one is unit testing. https://github.com/open-classifieds/openclassifieds2/issues

If anyone want to help please do not hesitate!

We really believe that Open Classifieds with more that 35.000 installations world wide can bring a big push to Kohana an the developers for custom work ;)

• I have taken a look and it looks interesting. Which version of Kohana are you using? It looks like 3.2?

• yes 3.2. we had loads of problems with 3.3 specially with some modules. I know should not be difficult to migrate but I didn't managed to make it as easy as just replace files.

Thanks.

Any other feedback? any collaboration? common!

• ok, so the kohana community not really interested....great...I really expected more feedback or interaction. :(

• Kohana seems to be on it's way down as a community framework. Development slowed down a lot, some devs moved to another languages. There isn't much going on in kohana world, people rather focus on their codebase / kohana forks than contribute/collaborate in other projects.

• I see is absolutely true.

In a friends company (150 employees) they moved to Fuel PHP since they couldn't get anything from KO, is just such a pity...

Now I wonder if I made the right decision moving to KO, also I did report a bug and fix it on Github for the ORM but still not merged...6 month a go!

I would love to help more but if the admins are not letting us help...also I see other project http://forum.kohanaframework.org/discussion/comment/77644 Gleez CMS and is in Russian plenty of feedback also many followers on github...

Common guys! we can do this much better!

• Hello,

Nice work and interesting project, i've been waiting to see from years.
    BTW I'm the founder of Gleez CMS (https://github.com/gleez/cms) we brought many good features into Gleez. It's english mainly other supported languages are Russian, Chinese, Italian, fortunately its been popular in Russian community.

• Hello,

I am a watcher of your project, is funny since we did really similar approaches in the project.

I think we can have a tight collaboration sharing code and experiences.

For example we use themes like modules, so that allow us to have a init.php in each theme and use the kohana cascade system to load views/classes whatever. Or a nice extremely easy installation system that checks requirements etc...

Also we have a pretty nice widget system that is extremely easy to use and fast since is cached with other site configs.

I will take a closer look to your project since there's few things I am really interested! Like oAuth and Resize images on fly (we want to have this for specific on the theme).

• Hi,

Thank you. I'm just browsing your code, some features seems similar as you mentioned themes as modules, widgets etc. have been busy with other projects lately, this weekend I too give a closer look at your system.

We're constantly adding new features recently we included jquery datatables for admin listings, now developers can implement datatables without writing single line of javascript. Have a look at the demo.

It looks like i'm hijacking your thread, we can have separate thread.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion