TIP: Use Markdown or, <pre> for multi line code blocks / <code> for inline code.
These forums are read-only and for archival purposes only!
Please join our new forums at discourse.kohanaframework.org
Tracking affiliate links
  • Is there a kohana module that implements this? I need to try to track affiliate links from some marketing efforts we will be doing. Basically, URLs will be provided to people and I have to track the clicks. There are some articles on how to do it mostly centered around Wordpress + Google Analytics but I am more interested in doing most of it inside Kohana with simple-ish reports.

If there is no module, is there some article that explains how to implement this?

Here is a sample of the Wordpress + Google Analytics "outsourced" tracking

http://authoritywebsiteincome.com/how-to-actually-set-up-google-analytics-click-tracking-affiliate-links-and-external-clicks-step-by-step-guide/

• Analytics are tricky. What I do is run Piwik along side my application, use Piwik's tracking codes in my templates, and use Piwik's APIs within my application to get the data I need. Piwik is written in PHP so it's pretty easy to integrate; it does a far better job of tracking unique visitors/visits than anything I'd be able to come up with on my own, and its APIs make it super easy to pull out some pretty rich data/reports. You can even have it generate graphs/tables for you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion