TIP: Use Markdown or, <pre> for multi line code blocks / <code> for inline code.
These forums are read-only and for archival purposes only!
Please join our new forums at discourse.kohanaframework.org
Minion not working at all
  • Hi,

I've downloaded fresh kohana 3.3.1, configured to be working with hello world. Then put minion perl script in webroot, changed path to index.php, logged via ssh and fired ./minion.

All i got was x-powered-by:php 5.3.28 Hello world.

No info, that minion is not enabled in bootstrap. When enabled, it behaves the same.

What the hell?

This is shared hosting, php is 5.3.28, everything else works fine.

Kind Regards, Piotr

• Ok, found it myself.

Some shared hostings use cgi-fcgi, not cli. Then kohana does not detect cli call. To make it work, change in index.php : if (PHP_SAPI == 'cli') // Try and load minion to if (PHP_SAPI == 'cgi-fcgi') // Try and load minion

• "Some shared hostings use cgi-fcgi, not cli. Then kohana does not detect cli call." you wrote some nonsense - cgi-fcgi is not the same as cli

• Nope, i wrote it quite clear. I stated nowhere that cgi-fcgi is the same as cli. What i meant was, when php is in cgi-fcgi mode, then you can call ./minion till the end of world, and you'd get poo.

• ./minion only include ./index.php, you can run ./minion in any mode. I don't see a problem or error

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion