TIP: Use Markdown or, <pre> for multi line code blocks / <code> for inline code.
These forums are read-only and for archival purposes only!
Please join our new forums at discourse.kohanaframework.org
Jelly for Kohana 3.1 (Auth driver included)
  • As we know Jelly is not being developed by Jon since the last few months. So I'm attempting to make Jelly compatible with KO 3.1 and fix some obvious bugs that I can. I hope some day Jon or Banks (or somebody else who is capable enough) returns and can carry on with the development.

I want to stress that I'm not the person who will help Jelly evolve as I don't have enough knowledge and experience to do so. My goal is bug hunting and I hope making this available to everybody on GitHub could lead to some kind of collaboration. Enough talk.

All the fixes I made (listed in the issue tracker) should be considered hacks until they get confirmed by others.

Jelly for Kohana 3.1: git repo
    Jelly driver for Kohana Auth: git repo

Please do report bugs on the issue tracker and submit your pull requests to keep Jelly alive.

• At the moment Jelly seems to play along nicely with KO 3.1. Validation seems to be working if you use the new style. Try to avoid using callbacks and stick to rules and filters as I'm planning to remove callbacks.

In a few days I'll try to update the docs, so the basic information will be there for everybody.

• Great job. Thanks for your efforts.

• It took quite a few hours, but validation compatibility with KO 3.1 is fixed (hopefully). Basically it's the port of ORM's validation with a few Jelly specific features. I think it's important to keep this part as close to the official modules (Validation and ORM) as possible for a number of reasons, but most importantly to ensure that it will be easily updateable in the future.

From now on filters are not part of validation, but they work very similar to rules. The userguide is updated, check it out for examples.

I did a lot of testing with this, but it would be great if you could give me some feedback and open issues if you find any.

The updated version is available on GitHub (the old Jelly style validation is still available in it's own '3.1/old-style-validation' branch).

edit: Auth driver had to be updated as well, don't use the old one.

• If you want to delete the callbacks system, will be a similar system? I think it's very useful to use a callback system instead of overloading the main functions... Which reasons have to delete it? Thanks.

• Callbacks are not really removed, you can use rules instead. The reason to do this was to copy Kohana's ORM validation functionality. Check out the Validation part in the guide to find out how it works.

• @creatoro you're doing a great job! Thanks for all the work you're putting into Jelly

• Hey, one thing. Related to this issue: https://github.com/creatoro/kohana-jelly-for-Kohana-3.1/issues/34 The problem exists because when I set the image (without uploading) I wan't to Jelly create thumbs for me, so disabling validation won't create the thumbs. Now I need to copy the Upload related functions and fix it to work without uploading file. Do you have an idea how to solve this? I can try to code it. Thanks.

• Is it possible to update record without having to load it first?

• @Games: sorry for the late reply. It's not possible, it was before but it was removed due to some conflicts.

• Announcement: Jelly will be upgraded to Kohana 3.2 to soon. Until then please check out the issues on GitHub and share your thoughts on the open ones (or create new issues if you have), so we can move along.

• Jelly's master branch for Kohana 3.1 arrives, repo moved!

I would like to announce that thanks to all the contributions a 3.1/master branch is created for Jelly. This means we have a stable version for Kohana 3.1.

IMPORTANT #1: the repo has moved and can be found at https://github.com/creatoro/jelly, please upgrade your git remotes.

IMPORTANT #2: from now on the Auth module is seperated and can be found here: https://github.com/creatoro/jelly-auth

Also, Jelly is already compatible with Kohana 3.2 (3.2/develop branch), but it's unstable at the moment, so use it with caution. Stable version is coming soon.

• @creatoro - you included the ',' with your url link

• @nickg: thanks, corrected

• Great job, maybe we'll get Formo back :)

• I run into an issue by validating login credits:

$post = $user->meta()->validation_options(Validation::factory($_POST));

call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'username' not found

SYSPATH\classes\kohana\validation.php [ 364 ]
    $passed = call_user_func_array($rule, $params);

the argument function_name ist set to

array(2) (
        0 => string(8) "username"
        1 => string(10) "_is_unique"
    )

The issue comes, because "username" is expected to be a class name but is only a field name.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion