TIP: Use Markdown or, <pre> for multi line code blocks / <code> for inline code.
These forums are read-only and for archival purposes only!
Please join our new forums at discourse.kohanaframework.org
Mixu Admin with 3.2
  • I had Mixu's Kohana 3 auth admin module working under Kohana 3.1 but seem to be having problems with 3.2. I am almost good enough to use the tools, but (unfortunately) struggle in the development/debugging of... Notwithstanding, I tried to follow Alice down the rabbit-hole... and got totally lost. So, taking Vizzini's advice, "when a job goes wrong, go back to the beginning"....

So, a nearly bog-standard Kohana, the only modules I have enabled are the ones REQUIRED... [user, auth, database, orm, pagination]

The only non-standard thing I have is TWO identical user_identity tables.... one named user_identity, and the other name user_idenities

I can login as admin.
    The first problem is, when I click on "Register new Account" I get

2011-10-12 10:02:25 --- ERROR: ErrorException [ 4096 ]: Argument 2 passed to Kohana_ORM_Validation_Exception::__construct() must be an instance of Validation, none given, called in D:\www\03 Development\AFC\cgi-bin\kohana\modules\user\classes\useradmin\controller\user.php on line 217 and defined ~ MODPATH\orm\classes\kohana\orm\validation\exception.php [ 34 ]

The second problem is, when I click on the "User admin" menu item, I get a 404 error and....
    2011-10-12 10:39:58 --- ERROR: HTTP_Exception_404 [ 404 ]: The requested URL admin_user was not found on this server. ~ SYSPATH\classes\kohana\request\client\internal.php [ 113 ]

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated
  • OK. Half-way there. Pagination module needs to be https://github.com/kloopko/kohana-pagination (3.0.8-6). Somewhere along the line I got confused by version numbers and thought that https://nodeload.github.com/kohana/pagination/ (v3.0.12) must be newer and better. Doh!

Second problem now (almost) fixed. admin_user still gets a 404... but admin/user resolves perfectly.

Frustrated by my lack of understanding.... is admin_user a mistype in the Useradmin module? Or has everything changed so much between (3.0) 3.1 and 3.2?? Or do I have something else wrong???

It might be easy when you're a guru... and/or you have the knowledge... but it can be surprisingly frustrating and difficult hacking through the foothills of understanding...
  • Hi can i ask for help? I managed to make most of the useradmin module to work for Kohana 3.1 except for facebook and twitter login/assoc.

Facebook: When I click either buttons, it sends me to facebook.com/dialog/oauth?all-parameters-here with an Error page stating "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Twitter: It gives an error regarding certificate problem:

"Error fetching remote https: //api.twitter. com/oauth/request_token [ status 0 ] SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed"

Anyone got same issues?

TIA.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion